You may have a cat at your home as a pet, but you may not know some facts about it. Read my article further to dive into the unknown shocking facts about the cat.
Unknown Shocking Cat Facts :
- How much of your life do you spend sleeping? Cats spend 70% of their lives sleeping. Which means they can sleep around 13-16 hours a day. Please don’t be jealous because it’s a cat’s life. Haha
- Cats spend about 15 percent of the day grooming.
- Most of the cats don’t have eyelashes.
- Cats can rotate their ears up to 180 degrees.
- If we talk about the cat’s ability to jump, it can jump up to six times its length.
- Cats have more bones than humans. Humans have 206 bones, while cats have 230 bones.
- Cats have an extra organ to smell in the air, which is why you may have noticed that your cat looks at you from its mouth periodically.
- Cats can make more different sounds than dogs. Cats make about 100 different sounds, while dogs make only about ten different sounds.
- Cats refuse unpalatable foods until starvation occurs.
- Cats are usually the most active dawn and evening.
- Female cats have the capacity to become pregnant when they are only four months old.
- When you make direct eye contact with the cat, the cat finds it dangerous.
- If your cat comes to you with a straight vibrating tail, it means that she is very happy to see you.
Read Also: Dog Facts- You’ll surely be surprised!
- When your cat hits you with retracted claws, that means they’re playing with you, not attacking at you.
- Cats prefer to sleep on something that smells like their owners, such as the owner’s pillow and dirty clothes.
- Boxes and bags are a favorite hiding place for cats. If you can’t find your cat, you should look for it in a box or bag.
- Cats are even more susceptible to vibration than humans. It has the ability to detect earthquakes 10 to 15 minutes earlier than humans.
- A cat’s heart beats 110 to 140 times per minute, which is about twice as fast as a human heart.
- If we talk about a cat’s learning style, it is almost like a 2-3-year-old child.
- You will be surprised to know that cats can drink seawater under challenging situations to sustain themselves.
- When a cat shows trust or rests, it flops and exposes its belly. This gesture is not always an invitation to rub its stomach.
- Cats spend a third of their waking hours grooming themselves.
- Cats have the largest eyes, just like the size of the head of any mammal.
- The grooming process helps the cat regulate body temperature, relax and stimulate blood flow to the skin.
- If we talk about food so, chocolate, garlic, onions, green tomatoes, and raw potatoes are all bad for cats. Milk is not toxic to her, but milk can upset her stomach and gas.
- In the United States, most of the people keep cats as pets. There are approx 88 million domestic cats in the United States.
We hope you enjoy reading these cat facts. If you liked this post, then also share it with your friends .