Still, modern science has very little information about space, there are many extraordinary things on space that not many people know about it. In this post, I will share some interesting facts about space.
Interesting Facts About The Space:
- The three main types of galaxies in space are Spiral, Elliptical, and Irregular.
- Astronauts grow in height by about 2 inches due to the absence of gravity in space.
- The Solar System is 4.6 billion years old. Scientists estimate that it will be about 5000 million years.
- The width of the Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years.
- The Sun is 300,000 times bigger than the Earth.
- Neutron stars can spin at a rate of 600 rotations per second. Neutron stars expand 60 times per second after birth.
- The first artificial satellite in space is called Sputnik.
- The first beverage to go into space was Coca-Cola.
- You can’t cry in space because your tears will never fall.
- According to the astronaut, space smells like steak, hot metal, and welding form.
- It costs 12 million dollars to make a spacesuit.
- Astronauts have to work very hard to sleep. He has to sleep in a bunker blindfolded so that he can avoid swimming and bumping around.
- The word “Astronauts” comes from America. Whereas in Russia space explorers are called “cosmonauts”.
- The first man-made object in space was the German V2 rocket.
- If two pieces of metal touch each other in space, then they get permanently attached to each other.
- There is no medium in space to convey your voice from one place to another. That is why even if you shout loudly while standing in front of someone, he will not be able to hear your voice.
- The size of the International Space Station is as much as a football field.
- If you go into space without any safety equipment, your body will explode because there is no air pressure.
- Turtle walked on the moon before man.
- Jupiter is the only planet that has the most satellites.
- The force of gravity can sometimes break a comet as well.
- On the basis of mathematical calculations, it can be said that it is possible to have white holes as long as no white holes are yet known.
Read Also: Comet Facts – That Will Surely Amazed You
- The space station completes one revolution of the earth in 90 minutes.
- Astronauts cannot burp in space because liquid and gas cannot separate due to zero gravity in their stomachs.
- NASA has discovered 3,200 planets, all confirmed with 99% certainty.
- As there is no gravity in space, astronauts cannot sprinkle salt or pepper on the food. They also take food in the form of liquid, this is because the dried food will float in the air and as it collides here and there, it will also enter the astronaut’s eye.
- A reservoir of 140 trillion more water floats in space than all the oceans on Earth.
- A light-year is a distance traveled by light in 1 year which is equal to 9.5 trillion kilometers.
- Cockroaches grow faster in space than on Earth.
- If two pieces of metal touch each other in space, they become permanently attached to each other.
We hope you enjoy reading these space facts. If you liked this post, then also share it with your friends.